Area: professional cleaning services, dry cleaning in Kyiv region
Domain age: registration 2015
Period of service: > 2018
Initial website traffic: the site was poorly optimized, there were few incoming links to the site, many links from spammy donors, low number of words in the TOP-10. As a result poor website traffic, organic traffic was 400 – 600 people per month.
Work objective: the main job was to increase website traffic, bring the site TOP-10, increase sales and gain a foothold among the leaders of the niche.
Project specifics: Website had a lot of non-unique text that dragged it down. Market niche analysis and researched keywords have been performed, it was useful for finding sub-niches, related niches, building promotion plans, etc.
The team interaction process
In order to establish the process of working with the client from the very beginning, we held a call with the team, where the following principles have been discussed and established:
- Keeping and saving the entire history of interactions with the client;
- Creation and use of 1-2 communication channels;
- Monitoring compliance with the schedule and work plan;
- Calls, if necessary, where we discuss which items from the plan were completed this week and how to move forward.
The process of website promotion
At the time of the start of work, website had very low traffic, it had a lot of non-unique content that dragged it down. In general, website had every chance not to increase the list of new customers.
Internal site optimization
To begin with, we conducted an initial audit of the site and internal optimization, and only then proceeded to the formation of a promotion strategy for the next year of joint work.
The analysis showed that website was poorly optimized, there was a low loading speed, layout was broken, the title and description meta tags were poorly generated, the sitemap generation module, robots.txt did not work, the CMS did not allow making adjustments to the pages, the structure was poorly built and there was poor adaptation for mobile platforms.
Detailed description of the work carried out to promote the site.
Our efforts in the area of internal site optimization included:
- A robust audit (with permissions) and checking the proper tuning of:
- Sitemaps, redirect;
- Meta tags, headers;
- Download speed checks;
- 4xx and 5xx error code checks;
- Site content analysis, namely uniqueness, duplication, spam, and text size;
- Site’s main mirror;
- Monitoring page speed metrics: site loading time, server response time, etc;
- h1, h2, and h3 header monitoring and correcting if necessary;
- Metric monitoring for site visits;
- Duplicate Title and Description metadata check (title and description) and critical error elimination;
- Server response code 200 check for site’s main sections.
- Defining terms of reference for programmers following the results of the complete SEO site audit;
- Monitoring of all technical edits by programmers;
- Adding a sitemap to the dashboard for webmasters;
- Building a semantic core that best represents the website;
- Utilizing clustering and balanced keyword distribution across site pages;
- Checking keyword agreement, getting into the TOP 10, generating a month-end report. Queries are selected from the compiled semantic core;
- Formation of new meta tags (title, descriptions) based on the established semantic core. They are created right away for approved website categories and their agreement;
- Working with meta tags and writing and correcting tags for site’s main pages;
- Distributing the goods in relevant categories, upon which the traffic began to be distributed throughout the website, page relevance improved significantly, after which positions began to grow rapidly.
- Resolving duplicate headers and meta tags;
- Detailed file verification for robots.txt and tuning when needed;
- Setting technical specifications for proper implementation of hreflang tag for different versions of the site;
- Checking canonical tags and drafting technical specifications for their implementation, if necessary;
- Scanning site pages, determining weight, and comparing them with traffic and promotion priority. Based on the results — developing a plan for linking site pages;
- Organization of project manager’s work. Coordination (communicating with client monthly, coordinating workflow, proofreading and approving additional agreements, invoicing);
- Defining terms of reference for landing page and/or blog section text;
- Monthly report.
From the second month we connected the following work activities:
The second month is a duplication of work from the previous month, but with detailed monitoring of site indicators so that they work well after the optimization and settings that were done in preceding month:
- Analyzing site content (uniqueness, duplication, spam, and text size);
- Site’s main mirror;
- Monitoring page speed metrics (site loading time, server response time, etc.);
- h1, h2, and h3 header monitoring and correcting if necessary;
- Metric monitoring for site visits;
- Identification and closure of leaking and hidden links;
- Checking site for duplicate title and description metadata and eliminating critical errors;
- Server response code 200 check for site’s main sections;
- Monitoring for the appearance of affiliates and, if detected, providing instructions and support for their closure (+ assistance);
- Monitoring previously optimized pages and, if necessary, updating them to better meet relevant search result conditions. For example, say the relevance of some key queries has changed because of a behavioral factor. In this instance, we change phrases, edit SEO texts, and tune the optimization;
- Analyzing site semantic core and adjusting it if necessary;
- When errors are detected, either terms of reference are compiled for programmers or a proposal drafted for overcoming the highlighted difficulties;
- Optimizing the site’s main landing pages;
- Validating main site pages through the W3C service.
- Internal site re-linking;
- Working with site meta tags and writing or generating Descriptions for pages with blank descriptions;
- Working with micro-markup, defining technical specifications for addressing errors;
- Working with incoming domains, including the rejection of “toxic” ones with a disallow tool;
- Monitoring site positions and promotion dynamics;
- Defining the terms of reference for landing page and/or blog section text.
This technical optimization strategy turned out to be successful and the website traffic began to be indexed quickly, the visibility in the Google search engine began growing.
External website optimization
After all the above work, we started to improve the link profile of the site, conducted an audit of competitors, selected the best ones and analyzed them; walked through: sites, content, link mass, etc.
We set the next step in the process of work – the creation of our own link promotion algorithm. It was carried out through outreach – placement on trust sites with high traffic and good visibility in search engines, as well as on crowd links. Forums, directories and guest posting content have been selected.
This strategy allowed us to increase the site’s link profile through quantity and quality.
The main works performed for the external website optimization:
- Client’s market has been analyzed;
- A full audit of competitors and their links has been performed;
- Based on quality links, a promotion strategy has been built;
- Platform for work has been selected;
- Placing links to break down the reference profile (catalogues, forums);
- Placing SEO articles on external blogs and other websites;
- Ordering and placing a press release.
- Placement of links on satellites.
Additional work on internal and external optimization:
The project turned out to be quite specific, as it had a lot of competition in the market, the main job was to make the client stay on the site and place an order for the service. Thus, in order to improve search results and increase website behavioral factor, our team has performed the additional work, namely:
- First of all, for organic traffic growth we made a high-quality usability analysis and refinement of service pages;
- All necessary information for the user has been added to the pages: prices, photos before and after, customer reviews, information about the service (what is included);
- Also, it was important for the client to provide services in certain areas of Kyiv (locally), so we finalized the footer and meta tags of the site, entering the areas we need there;
- Content was developed for pages for different districts of Kyiv;
- Additional linking as a block with other services on the main pages have been added;
- Conducted an analysis of the menu structure of competitors (in the header and footer of sites);
- Improved the existing menu and navigation on the client’s site (by adding headings, Table of Content);
- New service pages for key queries have been added;
- Analyzed the priority pages of competitors (meta tags, micro-markup, content);
- We supplemented the client’s content plan with thematic articles that are of interest to users;
- Snippet CTR analysis and improved low performing snippets have been conducted.
Since the beginning of our cooperation, a lot of work has been done to increase website’s reference mass, placing high-quality links on news and thematic platforms, as well as on forums and directories.
Since 2018, there has been a rapid growth of keywords in TOP-3, TOP-10. In short periods of time (as shown in the tables below), there were slight subsidences in 2020-2021 (due to implemented quarantine restrictions), but the site remained in TOP-3 and TOP-10 in organic search for many queries.
The total number of keywords in organic search skyrocketed in 2019 and continues to hold until now.
A comparison of organic traffic for the period 2017-2019 shows that: the number of users increased by 481.08%, new users increased by 479.18%, sessions increased by 437.00%.
With such indicators, the client has increased the number of orders for services.
The dynamics of the growth of the link mass to the site (the graph shows a stable growth from 2016 to 2020):
Keyword growth dynamics in TOP-3, TOP-10 according to Ahrefs:
Keyword growth dynamics in organic search:
Site visibility in organic search skyrocketed in 2018:
Dynamics of organic traffic growth (from the graph we can conclude that organic traffic is constantly growing):
Comparison of organic traffic 2017 and 2019:
For the successful promotion of the project, it is very important to optimize website for the requirements of search engines and according to the tasks of SEO specialists.
The purpose of our work is the implementation of high-quality external and internal technical optimization, as well as the structure and content of the site.
To date, search engine ranking factors are arranged in such a way that only those resources that have been purposefully optimized take the first positions. If you correctly take into account the behavioral factors on website the sales of services are increasing.
We set up well website optimization and structure, made a convenient description of services and an interface – all these criteria hold the client on the site. Also, we paid special attention to the external optimization of the site, a scope of works outside. We chose such links that were of high quality, came from reliable sources, with a good rating, such mentions on external web resources significantly improved the position of the client’s site.
To ensure that website always remains in its positions, we work on systematically:
- Adding unique content that can work for itself. Content is one of the main factors for search engines;
- Monitoring and improve the correctness and literacy of website design to have everything you need for a quick search for information, always;
- Monitoring site loading speed;
- Improving the design, which will always be correctly reflected on PC and mobile devices if necessary;
- Monitoring website semantic core, make adjustments if necessary.
All of the above stages give a good increase in the reference mass and quality indicators.
If you already know what kind of online business you want to open, plan to create an online store and don’t know where to start, contact us! We will analyze the potential market and your competitors and help you launch your project from scratch to first sale!