Area: Online jewelry store
Domain age: new
Period of service: >12 months
Initial website traffic: organic traffic – 0 persons/month, the content was created to fill the site according to the technical task of our studio.
Domain age: 1 month
Work objective: steady flow of targeted organic traffic was needed to convert into sales. Traffic needs to be cheaper comperatevely to contextual advertising.
Project specification: This project was done from the scratch by our team. Since the client had no website the recommendations were offered to consideration in order to the site development (design, usability, and CMS selection) taking into account the subject matter and functionality. Our cooperation consisted of the development and further optimization of the site.
The team interaction process
The client had its own development department, with which we interacted. It was very important for us to build the right communication at the very beginning of the cooperation, so that the developers understand how the site is progressing. After discussing all the details, we established the following points:
- Weekly calls where we discussed which items of the plan has been completed and which tasks we set next.
- A specially created chat in the messenger where quick questions can be addressed as soon as they come in.
- IPrompt correction of published materials and a detailed description of how we work with them and a plan for the future.
- Discussion and verification of software changes on a test domain before release on the main website.
The process of website promotion
At the time of the start of work the site was 1 month old. Search engines are wary of new domains, and it was taken into account when SEO-optimizing the resource. Before starting the work, we conducted an in-depth audit and internal optimization of the site.
Internal site optimization
As part of internal SEO, we developed the site architecture, taking into account the complex structure of the catalog and the large number of product cards, optimized the category pages and the product card with the introduction of internal linking.
Canonical links were prescribed, pages were optimized with the necessary content and structure.
Before writing the content, we collected a complete semantic core and drew up a technical task for creating the required content.
Given the scope of the site, the content was created in stages. Distributed content on landing pages according to search queries. Wrote metadata (Title and Description) and headers.
Our main efforts in the area of internal site optimization included:
- A robust audit (with permissions) and checking the proper tuning of:
- Site maps, redirect;
- Meta tags, headers;
- Download speed checks;
- 4xx and 5xx error code checks;
- Site content analysis, namely uniqueness, duplication, spam, and text size;
- Site’s main mirror;
- Monitoring page speed metrics (site loading time, server response time, etc.);
- h1, h2, and h3 header monitoring and correcting if necessary;
- Metric monitoring for site visits;
- Duplicate Title and Description metadata check and critical error elimination;
- Server response code 200 check for site’s main sections.
- Monitoring of all technical edits by programmers;
- Adding a sitemap to the dashboard for webmasters;
- Building a semantic core that best represents the website;
- Utilizing clustering and balanced keyword distribution across site pages;
- Checking keyword agreement, getting into the TOP 10, generating a month-end report. Queries are selected from the compiled semantic core;
- Formation of new meta tags (title, descriptions) based on the established semantic core. They are created right away for approved website categories and their agreement;
- Working with meta tags and writing and correcting tags for site’s main pages;
- Resolving duplicate headers and meta tags;
- Detailed file verification for robots.txt and tuning when needed;
- Setting technical specifications for proper implementation of hreflang tag for different versions of the site;
- Checking canonical tags and drafting technical specifications for their implementation, if necessary;
- Scanning site pages, determining weight, and comparing them with traffic and promotion priority. Based on the results — developing a plan for linking site pages;
- Organization of project manager’s work — Coordination (communicating with client monthly, coordinating workflow, proofreading and approving additional agreements, invoicing);
- Defining terms of reference for landing page and/or blog section text;
- Monthly report.
From the second month, we connected the following types of work:
Site monitoring – monitoring the indicators so that they are normal after their optimization and adjustments in the first month:
- 4xx and 5xx error code checks;
- Analysis of site content (uniqueness, duplication, spam and text formatting);
- Monitoring of pagespeed indicators (site loading time, server response time, etc.). It is necessary to monitor every month, as work on the site can affect the indicators;
- Monitoring of headings h1, h2, h3, correction when needed;
- Monitoring of automatic and manual sanctions on the site;
- Analysis, closing of outgoing and hidden links from the site;
- Checking the site for duplicate title, description metadata and eliminating critical errors;
- Checking the main sections of the site for the server response code 200;
- Monitoring the appearance of affiliates, when detected – providing instructions on their closure (+ support);
- Monitoring of previously optimized pages when needed, their adaptation to relevant conditions of search results. For example, the relevance of key queries has changed due to a change in the behavioral factor, in which case we change phrases and make corrections in SEO texts and optimization;
- Analysis of the website’s content and its adjustment if necessary;
- When errors are detected, either terms of reference are compiled for programmers or a proposal drafted for overcoming the highlighted difficulties;
- Optimization of the main landing pages of the site;
- Validating site through the W3C service;
- Internal site linking;
- Working with meta tags and writing or generating descriptions for pages with blank descriptions;
- Working with micro-markup;
- Defining technical specifications for addressing errors;
- Working with incoming domains, rejecting “toxic” ones using the disallow tool;
- Monitoring of site positions and site promotion dynamics;
- Setting up technical specifications for writing texts on landing pages on the website or in the blog section;
- Placement of crowd links (directories, forums);
- Posting articles on external blogs, article resources;
- Ordering and placement of a press release if necessary.
The technical optimization has been completed accurately and the site quickly began to be indexed, the traffic went up and the visibility in the Google search engine increased.
External website optimization
Next we proceeded to create a sitelink profile. First, it was needed to conduct an in-depth audit of competitors. We selected the most successful competitors, analyzed their sites, content, links, relinking and successfully implemented solutions.
Our own link algorithm has been made to promote the online store. At that time, rental links were still widely used, we chose another way – article promotion.
To post the content, we used the most popular thematic platforms with a high rating and resources where the female audience was present as much as possible. Thus, the increase was achieved due to quality sites, with the help of which we attracted the most targeted traffic.
This strategy turned out to be very successful. During our work in the region of 2 years, the site showed constant growth in terms of positions and traffic.
The main works performed for the external site’s optimization:
- an analysis of the client’s market niche has beed conducted,
- a full audit of competitors and their links has been completed,
- made a promotion strategy based on quality links,
- the sites for work has been selected,
- promoted the store using SEO articles,
- emphasis was placed on internal optimization and relinking.
Additional work on internal and external optimization:
In addition to the implementation of the general plan, we performed additional work to improve search results and increase behavioral factors on the site:
- analyzed the menu structure of competitors (in the header and footer of the sites),
- improved the existing menu and navigation on the client’s site (by adding rubrics, Table of Content),
- analyzed priority pages of competitors (meta tags, micro-markup, content),
- supplemented the client’s content plan with thematic articles interesting for users,
- analyzed snippet CTR and improved low-performing snippets.
We worked on the project from scratch. At the beginning of the work, there was no organic site. At the peak of the season, it was about 1,500 users per day.
Filling the site with unique content significantly affected the visibility of search queries, increased the domain rating, and also increased the citation of the site several times.
The main sources of site’s traffic are organic search and social networks. The main organic traffic is given by queries in the top 1-3, there is a search result for 1427 keywords.
Total site traffic at the time of work:
Keywords by Ahrefs:
The success of the promotion was largely determined by the result of the competitors’ audit. It was important to create the functionality, content and design of the site better than on the sites that appeared on the first page of the search.
We adapted and implemented everything that was useful for the client’s experience of interacting with the site, and this process continued throughout the works and continues on a regular basis. The site is being improved as much as possible.
Content plays a big role. The traffic generating topics have been selected. We especially worked on a comfortable text structure. The text included headings, sub-headings, was divided into easy-to-read paragraphs, the articles had high-quality images that drop out as previews of materials when relinking.
Articles were also relinked in such a way that the user stayed on the site as long as possible.
- we worked on simplifying online ordering (which resulted in increased purchase conversion),
- added social media buttons (which move users to share content), feedback forms and subscription to news,
- implemented everything that helps users give feedback (discussion, commenting, personal account, quick form for contacting the operator on the site). Search engines give such sites priority in display.
In order for the site to show smooth organic growth, it is planned to continue work on monitoring new interesting topics, writing unique content, as well as increasing the number of links. The thematic niche is interesting to the female audience, this gives prospects for a constant increase site’s traffic, which will eventually convert into new buyers.
If you already know what kind of online business you want to open, plan to create an online store and don’t know where to start, write to us! We will analyze the potential market, competitors and help launch your project from scratch to the start of sales!