Area: website for a manufacturer of HVAC systems
Region: The USA
Domain age: 7 years
Period of work: >4 months
The initial state of the site: a one-page site, which was not optimized for search queries initially; there has been no previous work on building the backlinks profile.
Work objective: to audit the website, to collect the semantic core, to analyze competitors, to add the company to Google Maps, to build a high-quality backlinks mass.
Project specifics: The company offers a wide range of HVAC systems (production, replacement, and maintenance), which, in turn, is a rather narrow subject. During the initial analysis, we realized that there was little text on priority pages, on many other pages it was completely absent or not unique, the website was not optimized for search queries.
The team interaction process
Upon completing the initial stages of preparation for the project, we always call the client to discuss in detail the processes of the team work, upon which we develop the communication and timing structure, and that is:
- Building the work timeline, communication support and detailed description of the work processes so that the client is aware of all stages;
- Calls, if necessary, where we discuss which items from the plan were completed this week and how to move forward;
- A special chat is created in a messenger for operational work and answers to all burning issues;
- Correction of materials, if necessary, discussion on the subject, giving tips for improvement.
The process of website promotion
At the time of the start of work on the website, there were many problems with internal optimization and the backlink profile. Initially, our team performed website internal optimization and audit.
Internal site optimization
The client expressed his expectations – to increase the website visibility in the search engine. To increase search traffic and increasing customer requests, respectively. To achieve the set goals, it was decided to optimize the existing pages for necessary queries. More precisely, to optimize the content on landing pages with semantic core expansion.
Our efforts in the area of internal site optimization included:
- A robust audit (with permissions) and checking the proper tuning of:
- Sitemaps, redirect;
- Meta tags, headers;
- Download speed checks;
- 4xx and 5xx error code checks;
- Site content analysis, namely uniqueness, duplication, spam, and text size;
- Site’s main mirror;
- Monitoring page speed metrics (site loading time, server response time, etc.);
- h1, h2, and h3 header monitoring and correcting if necessary;
- Metric monitoring for site visits;
- Duplicate Title and Description metadata check and critical error elimination;
- Server response code 200 check for site’s main sections.
- Defining terms of reference for programmers following the results of the complete site audit;
- Monitoring of all technical edits by programmers;
- Adding a sitemap to the dashboard for webmasters;
- Building a semantic core that best represents the website;
- Utilizing clustering and balanced keyword distribution across site pages;
- Checking keyword agreement, getting into the TOP 10, generating a month-end report. Queries are selected from the compiled semantic core;
- Formation of new meta tags (title, descriptions) based on the established semantic core. They are created right away for approved website categories and their agreement;
- Working with meta tags and writing and correcting tags for site’s main pages;
- Goods were distributed according to the appropriate categories, after which the traffic began to be distributed across the site, the relevance of the pages improved significantly, which allowed the positions to grow rapidly;
- Resolving duplicate headers and meta tags;
- Detailed file verification for robots.txt and tuning when needed;
- Setting technical specifications for proper implementation of hreflang tag for different versions of the site;
- Checking canonical tags and drafting technical specifications for their implementation, if necessary;
- Scanning site pages, determining weight, and comparing them with traffic and promotion priority. Based on the results — developing a plan for linking site pages;
- Organization of project manager’s work — Coordination (communicating with client monthly, coordinating workflow, proofreading and approving additional agreements, invoicing);
- Defining terms of reference for landing page and/or blog section text;
- Monthly report.
From the second month we connect the following work activities:
The content on priority pages of the website has been optimized, semantics has been collected and clustered in accordance with the website structure. For writing the content, terms of reference has been compiled based on the results of the analysis of pages and top competitors in this area. Based on all these data, website monitoring has started – watching the parameters so that they were normal after their optimization and settings in previous month:
- Analyzing site content (uniqueness, duplication, spam, and text size);
- Ensuring proper configuration of the site’s main mirror;
- Monitoring page speed metrics (site load time, server response time, etc.);
- h1, h2, and h3 header monitoring and correcting if necessary;
- Metric monitoring for site visits;
- Identification and closure of leaking and hidden links;
- Checking site for duplicate title and description metadata and eliminating critical errors;
- Checking site’s main sections for server response code 200;
- Monitoring for the appearance of affiliates and, if detected, providing instructions and support for their closure;
- Monitoring previously optimized pages and, if necessary, updating them to better meet relevant search result conditions. For example, say the relevance of some key queries has changed because of a behavioral factor. In this instance, we change phrases, edit SEO texts, and tune the optimization;
- Analyzing site semantic core and adjusting it if necessary;
- When errors are detected, either terms of reference are compiled for programmers or a proposal drafted for overcoming the highlighted difficulties;
- Optimizing the site’s main landing pages;
- Validating site through the W3C service.
- Internal site linking;
- Working with meta tags and writing or generating descriptions for pages with blank descriptions;
- Working with micro-markup;
- Defining technical specifications for addressing errors;
- Working with incoming domains, including the rejection of “toxic” ones with a disallow tool;
- Monitoring site positions and promotion dynamics;
- Defining technical specifications for landing page texts writing and/or blog section text.
This technical optimization strategy turned out to be successful and the website traffic began to be indexed quickly, the visibility in the Google search engine began growing.
External website optimization
Then we proceeded to external optimization and started adding unique content to thematic external sites, which allowed for increasing the website visibility in search engines by keywords, citation and trust. Backlink audit allowed for determining a further work plan on building up and searching for relevant sites, as well as working with low-quality links that were rejected. The analysis of competing sites allowed us to find various interesting features that help users to better perceive the website content and offers on the website.
The main works performed for the external website optimization:
- Client’s market has been analyzed;
- A full audit of competitors and their links has been performed;
- Based on quality links, a promotion strategy has been built;
- Sites for work have been selected;
- Placing links to break down the reference profile (catalogues, forums);
- Placing SEO articles on external blogs and other websites;
- Ordering and placing a press release if necessary.
Additional work on internal and external optimization:
In addition, the general plan implementation, we performed additional work on improving the output display (snippets) and increasing behavioral factors on the site:
- Analysis and implementation of the best competing meta tags for priority pages;
- Recommendations for optimizing the landing pages and creating relinks;
- Recommendations for adding nicro-markup to the site;
- Based on competing websites, the main menu and footer structure has bee analyzed and improved;
- Snippet analysis and introduction of additional features for CTR increase.
We managed to increase the website visibility in the Google search engine and increase search traffic in just 4 months of working on the project.
After successful promotion and improvement of indicators, as well as brand awareness, the client decided to place the product catalogue on the website and go beyond the one-page website. At the time of compiling the case, the work conditioned to optimize, replenish and improve the online store (product catalogue).
Data from Ahrefs.
Keywords by Ahrefs (the number of words in search results has increased):
The site has been ranked in the TOP 2 for the branded query and in the TOP 5 for Botanical Pharmacy regional queries. Also it has been ranked in the TOP 1-5 for search results on Google Maps for chemist botany, kennedys pharmacy botany queries, etc.
Organic traffic growth dynamics:
The backlink mass; we observe a positive growth dynamics in incoming links (the number of referring domains has increased):
Adding unique content allowed for increasing the website visibility in search engines by keywords, citation and trust. Backlink audit allowed for determining a further work plan on building up and searching for relevant sites, as well as working with low-quality links that were rejected. The analysis of competing sites allowed us to find various interesting features that help users to better perceive the website content and offers on the website. Technical audit helped to identify errors and defects that we later corrected, in particular:
- Errors in meta tags and headings (writing and structure);
- Compression of images and Alt attributes;
- Setting up redirects, as well as other errors that were found.
We have adapted and implemented all that was useful for the client’s website; moreover, this process lasted throughout the works and has continued on an ongoing basis. The website has been improving as much as possible.
The selected content has played a big role. We selected such topics for the website that generated the most traffic. The structure of the texts has been worked out in detail for easy reading. All articles have been relinked in such a way that the user stays on the website as long as possible.
If you already know what kind of online business you want to open, plan to create an online store and don’t know where to start, contact us!
We will analyze the potential market and your competitors and help you launch your project from scratch to first sale!